RDX® WORM Media
Archiving for Regulatory Compliance
media meets an expanded set of regulatory compliance requirements and is ideal for use with a large number of archiving applications, like enterprise content management and document management systems, where data must not be deleted or overwritten.
Professional IT departments have trusted in RDX technology as a reliable and affordable backup and disaster recovery solution for years. With , this technology can also be used as storage for regulatory compliance.
Semi-professional users can store and archive their photos and movies in an undeletable way as well as secure them against virus attacks with RDX WORM media.
Benefits of FileSystem WORM with RDX:
- Meets regulatory compliance requirements: Data cannot be changed or deleted. Because of backward and forward compatibility, data can be accessed over years without changing hardware..
- Field of applications:
- Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECM)
- Document Management Systems (DMS)
- Finance Data
- Data Logging
- Patient Files like PACS
- Video and Voice recording
- Rugged, secure media: Drop resistant, electrostatic-proof, protected against dust
- No change in workflow: Data is automatically stored in an unchangeable and undeletable manner. Data cannot be overwritten, but can be accessed and read without limitation.
- No additional software: No additional software is needed to write data to the media compared with tape storage.
- Full transparency to applications: The RDX WORM functionality is fully transparent for applications like archiving, document management systems and medical records archiving (e.g. PACS).
- High transfer rates and fast data access: RDX enables archiving of large files and many small files. Because of random access, fast retrieval of data and documents is possible.
- High capacity: RDX WORM offers capacities up to 1TB. This drastically reduces the number of media to be managed compared to optical media like CD, DVD and BluRay.
- One RDX-media replaces up to 20 BluRay Disks: RDX is the ideal replacement for BluRay-disks or MO drives. Media management is a lot easier with fewer cartridges. In addition, RDX WORM data can be sequentially written on any number of times.
Enable WORM with
Integrating RDX WORM media is as easy as using conventional RDX technology. The Windows®-based software rdxLOCK enables the WORM functionality and manages read-/write-access. So, RDX WORM is tranparent for archiving applications and document management solutions. Even files that are copied to the media via drag and drop are secured immediately by the WORM functionality.
(WORM functionality is not compatibel with RDX Cartridge Encryptor Software.)
Click here to read more about our software!
WORM (Write Once Read Many) refers to a technology that prevents data from being deleted, changed or overwritten. Files can be added and accessed as usual. WORM media is integrated into digital archiving applications and is primarily used to meet regulatory compliance requirements, where data must not be modified.
The RDX QuikStor technology combines the advantages of tape (portability, long archival life) with the advantages of disk-technology (high performance, fast data-access, data reliability). The RDX removable disk system is a rugged, drop-resistant and electrostatic-proof solution that secures data for backup, archiving, transport, data interchange and off-site storage.
|No images were found for this product.|
RDX WORM media is only compatible with Windows OS.
The supported operating systems can also be found in the rdxLOCK product-manual
Currenty not available
Software Compatibility List (PDF) Version December 2016