Removable Disk System
The RDX QuikStor media-based removable storage system offers rugged, reliable and convenient storage for backup, archive, data interchange and disaster recovery. It provides enterprise performance and fast access, with transfer rates of up to 1,188 GB/hr and capacities up to 4TB per cartridge.
Check out the CRN Test Center review of the RDX QuikStor.
Read the review
- Vast capacities: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB or 4TB of hard disk capacity or 128 GB or 256 GB of solid-state disk capacity on one piece of media.
- Fast access: Blistering disk-based speed and access provides up to 330 MB/s* with SATA III or 260 MB/s* with SuperSpeed USB3.0
- Shock-proof design: Ruggedized media
- Hardware Encryption aware***
- Convenient & Secure: Expand capacity and span backups across media. Media rotation and off-site copies for archiving and peace of mind
- Mobile: The external USB3+ version can be used as a mobile storage device
- Windows-Backup support**
- Interface: SATA III or USB3.0 high speed
- Greater than a 10-year archive life
- Cost-effective solution that suits all sectors from SOHO to departmental users
- Full backward and forward compatibility
- 3-year warranty: Advanced Replacement Service
RDX QuikStor combines the portability and reliability of tape-based backup with the speed and simplicity of a hard disk drive. Compact internal or external RDX drives accept pocket-sized RDX media. Your computer will recognize each cartridge and provide instant access and easy drag-and-drop control.
Write and read access is near-instant allowing users to work directly with the data on the media like one would with any other hard disk drive. With RDX capacities ranging from 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB to 4TB and RDX SSD media capacities ranging from 128GB and 256GB, users have enough capacity to support a wide range of storage requirements, ensuring their data is fully protected.
RDX drives are tough, and media is shockproof and rugged enough to last more than 10 years. Knocks and drops don't mean lost data. Plus valuable data can be further protected through Tandberg Data's RCE encryption software, ensuring complete peace of mind.
The RDX media is small and durable, so slip easily into a pocket for easy transport. They can be carried to another site for use by another computer or moved off-site for archiving.
The external RDX USB3+ drive only needs a USB3.0 connection to work. It is as easy to use as an external USB disk drive but much more robust and reliable. This enables RDX for outdoor usage like scientific data collection, in the media and entertainment environment, mobile workforce or just for easy data distribution across locations.
Capacity Expansion and Media Rotation
Media Spanning to multiple RDX media allows backups to grow and to expand capacity beyond a single RDX media. All that is needed: Multiple RDX media and supporting backup software. For best practice, multiple media should be used for backup and stored off-site for disaster recovery purposes. A minimum rotation of 3 media is recommended: 1st in drive for next backup, 2nd in transit and 3rd off-site for disaster recovery.
Rack Integration with RDX QuadPAK™
The RDX QuadPAK allows up to 4 RDX external drives to be securely installed in a 19" rack to simplify backup and restore operations. This enables RDX to coexist with other IT equipment like servers, disk systems and network components in one rack.
Software encryption is supported for all RDX drives. The new SATA III drives are hardware encryption aware***.
Fixed Disk Mode for Windows Backup
RDX QuikStor provides a fixed disk mode and allows a seamless integration into windows-backup.** Windows-Backup of current operating systems does not support removable media any more. Users are constrained either to refrain from an operating system upgrade, or to use a third party backup software.
* Media dependent
** This functionality is only available with our USB3.0 RDX drive.
*** For SATA III drives with f/w update.
Special Downloads for USB 3.0 Drives*
Special Downloads for USB 2.0 Drives*
Special Downloads for SATA III Drives
Special Downloads for SATA I Drives*
** Does not support media > 2TB
* for OEM RDX QuikStor firmware and utilities please refer to the corresponding OEM website
Hints and Tricks (Integration Briefs, Best Practices)
Quick Start Guides