Reliable, High-capacity Tape Drives
The Tandberg Data's LTO-5 half-height (HH) tape drive brings enterprise-level capacity and performance to small and medium businesses at an affordable price. The Tandberg Data LTO-5 HH drive is able to store up to 3.0TB* of data on a single cartridge offering the lowest storage cost per gigabyte of any medium. Tandberg Data LTO-5 HH tape drives offer industry leading performance up to 1 TB/hr* (280 MB/sec), reducing backup and restore times to a minimum.
- Capacity: 1.5 / 3.0TB (native/compressed)
- Performance up to 1.0 TB/hr (compressed)
- Low cost of ownership and low media cost
- Enterprise features and performance in a small form factor
- Future proof with 8-generation roadmap
- Data speed matching, reduces mechanical wear and extends tape life
- Proven reliability MTBF of 250,000 hrs at 100% duty cycle
- Low power consumption: 6.9 W (sleeping mode) and 20 W (operating mode)
- WORM and Encryption (AES 256-bit)
- 30 year archival life
- 3 years Advanced Replacement Service warranty
Tandberg Data manufactures an array of LTO-5 HH models including internal, external and rackmount configurations, with a choice SAS or FC connectivity. Tandberg Data is the only manufacturer to offer a LTO-5 HH FC external tape drive. All Tandberg Data LTO-5 tape drives support LTFS (Linear Tape File System). LTFS simplifies archiving tasks and is fast becoming the standard recording format within the video and entertainment industry.
Tandberg Data is the sole manufacturer of LTO-5/6 HH fibre channel external (table-top) tape drives, when used in conjunction with a FC to Thunderbolt bridge (Promise or Atto) the LTO-5 tape drives provides customers, especially Mac users, with a unique and high performance backup and archiving solution to simplify digital workflow and archiving needs.
LTO tape technology makes it easy for users to standardize on a tape technology that meets today's data capacity requirements and ensures futures growth potential. LTO's eight-generation roadmap, with four generations available today makes it a clear choice for small to medium businesses.
The Tandberg LTO-5 HH ships with Symantec's Backup Exec QuickStart software, embedded media management for intelligent diagnostics and tape alerts, and comes with 3 years warranty and support. (Backup Exec QuickStart software is only supplied with kitted products).
The Tandberg LTO-HH is compatible with industry standard, multi-sourced LTO media. To achieve the best reliability, Tandberg LTO branded and qualified data cartridges are recommended. For more information on media compatibility, click here.
*assumes 2:1 data compression
* Assumes compression ratio 2:1 on LTO-2/3/4/5 & 2.5:1 on LTO-6